Okinawa Insitute of Science & Technology is looking for students who are enrolled in Ph/Masters programs or Undergraduates. These candidates can join OIST research internship Program 2023. Successful interns will get a chance to work in the field of research at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology.
Research Intern places are awarded twice a year on a competitive basis. Selection is highly competitive and depends on the suitability of the intended research, academic background, available funding, and space. The OIST research internship is for all international students, and candidates from all over the world can join OIST Internship Program 2023.
Table of Contents
|Organization||Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology|
|Financial Coverage||Fully Funded|
About OIST Internship Program:
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology invites international, talented, and bright students who can join the internship Program in Okinawa Internship 2023 in Japan. Internships will conduct different research programs. OIST internship offers an internship program in the research fields to undergraduates and post-graduate students from all over the world as an intern. All the selected candidates will conduct research activities under the supervision of OIST mentors and professionals. These short-term placements give students the opportunity to gain experience in a particular laboratory or to learn a specific technique.Also, Learn MIT Free online courses
Financial Advantages of OIST Internship:
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology offers multiple advantages during Paid Internship Program:
- OIST will provide 24,00 JPY as a stipend that is weekends excluded and a non-tax amount
- Candidates will get a commuting allowance+ Shuttle bus pass
- One direct round trip from home country to host country as a travel allowance
- As an accommodation, candidates will get fully furnished apartments on and off campus
- OIST will assist in the VISA acquisition
- Medical insurance will be provided
Candidates who meet the following eligibility criteria must apply for OIST Fully funded internship Program:
- Candidates are eligible to apply from all over the world
- Candidates who are enrolled in the final 2 years of their Graduation or post-graduation are eligible to apply
- Candidates who are currently enrolled must get permission from their home institute.
- Candidates’ academic backgrounds must match the required unit according to the OIST research fields.
List of Research fields:
OIST offers fully paid internships in the following research fields:
- Complexity Science and Evolutionary Unit
- Neural Computation Unit
- Biodiversity and Biocomplexity Unit
- Quantum Information and Security Unit
- Network Quantum Device Unit
- Electronic and Magnetism Quantum Unit
- Mathematics, Mechanics, and Material Units
- Embodied Combined Science Unit
- Neural Coding and Brain computing unit
- Sensory and behavioral Neuroscience unit
- Synapse Biological Unit
- Evolution Cell Biology and Symbiosis Unit
- Qubits and Spacetime Unit
- Organic Optoelectronics Unit
- Integrated Open System Unit
- Cell Division Dynamics Unit
- Immune Signalling Unit
- Evolutionary and Synthetic Biology Unit
- Optical Neuroimaging
- Molecular Neuroscience
- For a complete list of fields: Check here
Candidates must have the following documents for eligibility:
- Statement of purpose
- Academic Transcript and Diploma
- Recommendation Letter
- ID Photo
The last date to apply for the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology for the Fall intake is 15th April 2023.
Announcement of Final Result:
The final result will be announced in Late June 2023.
Period of Internship:
Internship duration of the OIST fully paid internship is between October 2023 to March 31st, 2024.
- Candidates must apply through OIST Internship Program Online
- Candidates can only submit their application after at least one recommendation letter is received in the application system.
- Candidates will receive an auto-notification that their application has been received. (Please check your settings to ensure you can receive emails from the @oist.jp domain.)
- The result announcement will be posted on your application platform 3 months after the application deadline. You will receive a notification when the result is posted.
- Following the final confirmation of internship offers, all necessary arrangements will be made, in cooperation with the interns.