Great opportunity for Afghan nationals who want to get higher education from Pakistani institutes. Higher Education Commission, (HEC) Pakistan invites applications from Afghan nationals interested in pursuing higher education at undergraduate and post-graduate levels in leading Pakistani universities. Higher Education Commission on the National Day of Allama Muhammad Iqbal has announced 4500 fully funded scholarships for Afghan Nationals to pursue Bachelor, Master, and PhD programs from Pakistani institutes.
HEC has announced phase III of the Iqbal scholarships for the Afghan Nationals in Pakistani Institutes. Candidates who want to apply must meet the eligiblity criteria and also submit the affidavit that they will return to Afghanistan after completion of the studies
Table of Contents
|Host||Higher education Commission|
|Program||Allama Muhammad Iqbal Scholarship Program|
|No of Fellows||4500|
|Eligible countries||Afghani Nationals|
|Age||25 to 40|
The following coverage will be provided to the Afghan Nationals if they get the scholarships under the Allama Muhammad Iqbal Scholarship Program:
- Covers tuition fee
- Living allowance
- Book allowance
- Hostel dues
- Traveling allowance (once in the entire study period)
Candidates have to meet the following eligiblity criteria for Allama Muhammad Iqbal Scholarship Program:
- Only Afghan Nationals are eligible to Apply
- Awardees will sign a legal agreement with the Government of Pakistan to complete their education and return to Afghanistan after completion of their degree.
- Applicants who are already availing or have availed of any other HEC/ Government of Pakistan scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have acquired the requisite academic qualification on or before the closing date of application.
- Applicants having a foreign qualification must provide an equivalence certificate from IBCC Pakistan/HEC Pakistan to the respective University.
- The scholarship does not cover MS/PhD in Clinical Medical Sciences.
- For admission to a PhD degree, the applicant must have studied the same subject in MS/MPhil.
- Education: Must have completed 12 years of education. Result awaiting students may not apply.
- Age Limit: 17-23 years before the closing date of application.
- Minimum 60% marks in general subjects, as per the IBCC Pakistan equivalency formula.
- Minimum 65% marks in Medical & Engineering subjects.
- Age Limit: 35 years before the closing date of application
- Education: Must have completed 16 years of education
- CGPA: Minimum 2.5 out of 4.0 or equivalent
PhD Degree Program:
- Age Limit: 35 years for Non-Faculty members and 40 Years for Faculty members
- Education: Must have completed 18 years of education
- CGPA: Minimum 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent
Scholarships are available in multiple disciplines for the Scholarship program including :
- Management Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Computer Science, etc.
The last date to apply for the Allama Muhammad Iqbal Scholarship Program is November 30 2023.
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
How to Apply:
- Candidates are advised to apply online for the Afghan National Allama Muhammad Iqbal Scholarship Program
- Selection will be made purely on merit comprising of academic credentials and Aptitude Test Score (conducted by HEC)/ Selection Interview.