A great opportunity for candidates who belong to the journalism field. Reporters Without Borders Germany is calling for applications for its Berlin Fellowship Program: Empowering Journalists in the Digital Field. Journalists from all over the world can join the Berlin Fellowship program if they meet the specific eligiblity criteria. This fellowship will train the fellows to learn about the skills of digital self-defense for journalists.
Reporters Without Borders will select six journalists from all over the world and train them according to modern-day’s demands. Fellowships will be started from May 2024 until the end of October 2024 six journalists from crisis areas will be invited to Berlin for a period of six months. Are you interested in the Obama Foundation Scholarship Program?
Table of Contents
|Host||Berlin Fellowship Program|
|Program||Reporter without Borders|
|No of Scholarship||Multiple|
The following benefits will be covered by the Berlin Fellowship Programs:
- cover the travel costs,
- take care of all visa-related matters
- Accommodation will be provided during the stay
- grant a monthly allowance of 1000€/month
- pay for health insurance
- Coverage for the use of public transportation in Berlin
- Every fellow will participate in an extensive training program in the field of digital security with experienced trainers for several months.
- During their stay in Berlin, Fellows will be given insights into the activities of Reporters Without Borders Germany, a globally-active journalist and human rights organization.
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
Candidates must meet the following criteria for the Berlin Fellowship Program: Scholarships For Afghan Nationals
- must have a very strong command of the English language, as the whole fellowship program will be conducted entirely in English and
- must have adequate experience working as a journalist, be it as a professional journalist or as a citizen journalist and
- must show a strong interest in learning in-depth about digital security for journalists. A high level of proficiency in regards to digital security is not required. Anyone who is used to working with a computer and smartphone can apply
- must be able and willing to fully participate in all activities of the program
- must show that candidates are willing to return to their home region after the fellowship in Germany
The last date to apply for the Berling fellowship program 4th December 2023.
The period of the Berlin fellowship Program is six months, it starts at the beginning of May 2024 and end in October 2024
The following documents are required for the Berlin scholarship:
- a completed and signed application form
- the completed questionnaire
- your CV and
- an identity document (ID or passport)
How to Apply:
Candidates can send your application documents either by sending them
- from their own Proton Email account to the Proton Email account of the program: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have a Proton Mail account yet, you can create a free account here:
- Alternatively, applicants can send their application by using the Signal Messenger to +49 1636743853. If they don’t use Signal Messenger App yet, you can download it here