This a great opportunity for candidates who are from member countries of the European Union. The European Parliament is offering two types of Traineeship Programs for international candidates. First is traineeships in Secretariat Schuman Traineeships and the second is Traineeships with members of European Parliaments. Schuman Traineeships are paid and candidates will get paid and candidates can undertake to work in one of the Parliament’s workplaces. Schuman Traineeships are offered in a variety of subjects and fields like Law, Finance, Management, administration, and multiple others.
The main purpose of the Schuman scholarship is to enhance the educational and vocational training of the candidates after working in diverse working environments. Candidates will be able to have a vision of the insights of the European institutions and Parliament. The Schuman Recruitment and Development Programme is a new and exciting program that creates a pathway for a number of high-performing Schuman trainees to continue working for Parliament as staff members, following the successful completion of their traineeship.
European traineeships are named after Robert Schuman, one of the main architects of the European integration project, responsible for over 70 years of peace and prosperity in Europe. He proposed pooling French and German coal and steel production into what would become the European Coal and Steel Community, the first of the European Communities, which grew to become the European Union.
Table of Contents
|Program||European Traineeship Program|
|Financial Coverage||Monthly stipend|
|Eligible Nationalities||EU and Non EU Countries|
|No of Seats||Multiple|
Candidates must meet the following criteria for eligiblity for the European Parliament Traineeship Program:
- The age of candidates must be above than 18 years
- Candidates must be members of the European Union
- Candidates must hold a diploma at the university level
- Candidates must have proof of no criminal activity
- Candidates must not have benefited from another European traineeship or any other type of traineeship for more than two months.
- Candidates must not have carried out a study visa at the Secretariat or European Parliament six months prior to the beginning of the traineeship.
- The monthly stipend will be provided to the selected candidates and it varies from 92 euros to 1627 euros
- A fixed travel allowance of EUR 250 will be provided
- Candidates will have the opportunity to get deep insights of the European Institutes and Parliament.
The duration for the October Traineeship program is five months and the applications are open from 1st October while the traineeships will be done from March to July.
While Parliament traineeships will be from six to five months.
The last date to apply for the European Parliament Traineeship Program is 30 October 2023.
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply for the European Traineeship Program online:
- select and apply for a maximum of three traineeships;
- if you are shortlisted, you will be required to provide certain supporting documents to prove your eligibility;
- if you are selected, you will get an official Admission Letter via email.