Another amazing opportunity for doctorates who wanted to pursue their professional or educational career at Harvard University in the USA. Applications are invited for the scholar Program for the academic year 2023-2024 at Harvard University.
The Academy Scholars Program of The Harvard Academy for International and Area Studies identifies and supports outstanding scholars at the start of their academic careers whose work combines excellence in a social science discipline with a command of the language and knowledge or expertise of countries or regions outside of the United States and/or Canada. Their scholarship should span traditional disciplinary divisions and elucidate comparative, transnational, or domestic issues, past or present.
The Academy Scholars are a select community of individuals with resourcefulness, initiative, and originality whose work shows promise as a foundation for careers in research universities or international institutions. They receive substantial financial and research assistance which permits them to undertake robust research projects and skills development in their chosen fields and areas. They meet at dinners, seminars, and informal get-togethers in order to pursue innovative interdisciplinary approaches to their work. They are mentored by the Academy Senior Scholars, a cohort of faculty members who act as a selection committee, participate in Academy events, and are committed to supporting the Academy Scholars as they work to achieve their potential.
The Harvard Academy is dedicated to building an inclusive community of scholars with an array of experiences, perspectives, and methods and welcomes a diverse pool of applicants. Candidates who are interested must read the full article before applying at Harvard University.
Table of Contents
|Location||United States of America|
|Program||Havard Scholar Academy Program|
Field of Study:
The following field of study will be accepted for the post-doctorate Program at Harvard University:
- Africa Studies
- Asia Studies
- Central Asia Studies
- East Asian Languages and Civilizations
- Eastern Europe Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- History of Science—outside of the US and/or Canada
- Inner Asian and Altaic Studies
- International Relations
- Latin American and Iberian Studies
- Middle East Studies
- Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations
- Political Economy and Government
- Political Science
- Public Policy
- Russia Studies
- Slavic Languages and Civilization
- Social Policy
- Social Studies
- South Asia Studies
- Southeast Asia Studies
- Ukraine Studies
- Western Europe Studies
- Women, Gender, & Sexuality—outside of the US and/or Canada
Candidates must meet the following criteria before applying for the Harvard University Scholar Program:
- Candidates of any nationality can apply for the Harvard University Scholar Program
- Candidates must have done a doctorate program or are in the final year of their completion
- Candidates must have done a doctorate program in social sciences
- scholars nearing dissertation completion must be able to submit degree conferral documentation issued by their university registrar’s office by June 30, 2023, for an August 1, 2023, start date.
- Candidates who hold or have completed another Harvard postdoctoral fellowship are not eligible to apply.
- 5 to 7 candidates will be chosen for Post Doctoral Harvard University Scholar Program.
Fully Funded Harvard University will cover the following benefits for the selected candidates:
- 75000$ per annum stipend for two years post-doctoral Program
- Travel Expenses will be covered
- In-residence appointment of the shortlisted fellows for two years.
- Harvard University will also pay your hotel expenses
- Medical Insurance will be covered
- Educational Related Conferences will be financially Coverage
- Selected scholars can also teach.
The last date to apply for the Harvard post-graduate Program is 23rd September 2023.
Candidates need to submit the following documents for the Harvard University Scholar Program:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume; including a list of publications
- Research proposal (2000 words maximum); including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- One scholarly writing sample (e.g., Ph.D. dissertation chapter or peer-reviewed academic journal article); only one sample may be submitted, fifty pages maximum, and it must be in English
- A copy of your Ph.D. program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application)
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
How to Apply:
- Candidates need to submit the application online
- All the process for Academy Scholar Program is online
- No need to send documents physically to the Harvard
- Make sure to submit all the documents before the deadline.