An amazing opportunity for the youth to join the Fellowship Program in the United States of America. Applications are invited for the Hurford Youth Fellowship Program for the academic year 2024. Hurford Yputh fellowship is awarded by the Hurford Foundation and was established to honor the late John B. Hurford (1938 – 2000), an internationalist and philanthropist who played an important role in helping to conceptualize and realize the World Movement for Democracy. For many years, the Hurford Foundation has been an important supporter of the World Movement for Democracy. The Hurford Foundation generously supports the Hurford Youth Fellows Program.
The main purpose of the Hurford Fellowship Program is to build leadership qualities, sharpen the skills of young talented candidates, and try to emerge as future leaders in different fields of life. Fellowship Program will be held in Washington D.C and during the program, candidates will be able to expand their global network, learn lessons from activists from democracy movements around the world, and contribute to the development of the World Movement for Democracy. Fellows will be expected to organize online discussions to generate active engagement among youth activists around the world. Hurford Youth Fellows will engage in strategic meetings, conduct research, etc.
Table of Contents
|Hurford Youth Fellowship
Area of Discussion:
During the Hurford fellowship Program following areas of discussion will be covered:
Expanding Civic Space for Young People
- Countering Disinformation
- Building Citizen-Centric Accountability
- Delivering Democracy
Financial Benefits and Support:
Hurforf Fellowship Program will award the following benefits to the candidates:
- Monthly stipend
- Medical and Health Insurance
- Round trip Travel to and from Washington D.C.
- Fellows are provided with a fully equipped office, including
- Internet and email access, and a limited budget for fellowship-related long-distance phone calls
- Working collaboration of Staff and fellows for the learning purposes
- Fellows are expected to be in residence at the NED for the entirety of the fellowship period
Candidates need to fulfill the following criteria for eligibility:
- Candidates from any nationality can apply for Hurford Fellowship Program
- Working knowledge of English is an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes.
- The age of candidates should not be more than 30 years
- It does not provide scholarship funds or any other type of financial aid to university or graduate students, nor it is designed to support postdoctoral research.
- Fellows are advised to do Full-time work at the NED office
- Candidates would not hold any other fellowship or program
- Prior to candidates’ arrival in the United States, prospective fellows who are neither citizens
- nor permanent residents of the United States must secure a J-1 exchange visitor visa.
The last date to apply for the Hurford Fellowship Program is 31st July 2023.
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
The duration of the Hurford Youth Fellowship program is 3 months.
Before applying for the Hurdford fellowship Program candidates must prepare the following documents:
Two Letters of Recommendation
How to Apply:
Candidates are advised to apply for the Hurford Fellowship Program online:
- All application material sent to the application portal
- If you applied last year, you may need to create a new profile using a new email address.