Mitacs Globalinks Research Internship Program is open for the faculty for the academic year 2024. The Globalink Research Internship is one of the highly competitive programs that provide undergraduate students opportunities from around the world to participate in a paid research internship at Canadian universities. Globalink research internship program is provided by Mitacs, a national, not-for-profit organization that are having partners with industry, government, and academia to promote innovation and research-driven solutions. The goal of the Globalink Research Internship is to provide international students with practical research experience in fields such as science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). The program allows students to work with world-renowned researchers in some of Canada’s top research institutions.
Globalink invites applications each year from different countries of the world to do research internships in top institutes in Canada. Apart from the stipend candidates will get the huge benefit of experience, and networking. Candidates can get benefits from the top Mitacs Globalink Scholarship Program 2024. Candidates who are interested in the Mitacs Globalink research internship program must be able to spend 12 weeks from May to September.
In addition to the research experience, the program also includes Pre-departure training and support also a welcome orientation upon arrival in Canada. A program of social and cultural activities throughout the internships.
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
The Globalink Research Internship is a highly sought-after program, and competition for places is fierce. Students interested in applying must meet certain eligibility criteria, including being enrolled in an undergraduate program and having outstanding academic performance and English language skills. They must also submit a research proposal and provide letters of reference.
Overall, the Globalink Research Internship is an excellent opportunity for undergraduate students from around the world to gain valuable research experience in Canada and expand their international network.
Table of Contents
|Program||Mitacs Globalink Research Internship Program 2024|
|Financial Coverage||Fully funded|
|Eligible Nationalities||Multiple countries|
|No of Seats||Multiple|
Mitacs Globalinks is looking for research interns from the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
Mitacs Globalink internship will give the following advantages to the candidates:
- A good research experience for the intern at Mitacs under the supervision of the faculty and researcher
- A stipend of approximately 15000$ one-time awards.
- The intern will also receive stipends for living and Miscellaneous expenses
- Round fare trips from home country to Canada will be provided
- Transportation from the airport to Canada and Accommodation
- Medical Insurance will be provided
- Support from student mentors studying in Canada
- Registration for different industry events and professional courses
- Candidates will be eligible to graduate in Canada under Mitacs Fellowship Program
- Pre-internship training will be done under the supervision of experts.
- Networking opportunities with fellow interns, researchers, and industry professionals
- 70 plus Universities will be helping the Mitacs Research Internship Program.
- Opportunities to present research findings to academic and industry audiences
The duration of the Mitacs Research University internship program is 12 weeks.
You can check: WFP Internship Program 2023
The last date to apply for the Globalink Mitacs research internship program is September 21, 2023.
Candidates have to work 40 hours per week or depending upon the research projects assigned to the interns it is more likely to be 9 to 5 timings of the research internships.
You may b interested in: MEXT Scholarship Program in Japan
Here is the list of eligible countries for Mitacs Globalink research Program:
Australia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Pakistan, South Korea, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom and the United States.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria to join Mitacs research internship Program 2024:
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicants should be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s program at an eligible institution (see list of eligible institutions by country)
- Have one to three semesters remaining in their program as of Fall 2024
- Meet the grade requirements for your country of study
- GPA requirements by country will be updated according to the timeline.
- No IELTS or English Proficiency required for the eligibility
- Applicants must Possess a valid passport that is valid until at least January 2025 (more information about passports is below)
- Student applicants must provide the following in their application:
- An official transcript from the home university, in English or French. If you cannot obtain an English or French transcript, you must submit a translated and clear copy before the application deadline
- At least one letter of reference from a professor or research supervisor
- A CV detailing research experience
- Apply to a minimum of three, and a maximum of seven, projects and ensure selections are from at least three different Canadian provinces
How to Apply:
Candidates are advised to apply in the following steps:
- Applicants will be required to create a personal user account on the Globalink Student Platform (a link will be provided when the student call opens).
- Do not create multiple profiles; Candidates’ applications may be processed incorrectly.
- Once applicants have successfully created their accounts and logged in, they can begin their application.
- Applicants will be able to save their work and return to it later to add more information and any documents that they need to upload.
- Applications will be assessed only after the application deadline.
- No application will be entertained after the due date.