Applications are invited for the African Graduate Fellowship Program at the American University in Cairo for the Masters Program. The African Graduate Fellowship Program at the American University in Cairo offers fully funded scholarships for African students to pursue master’s degree programs in various fields including business administration, economics, engineering, global affairs, journalism and mass communication, law, and public policy and administration. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, and a monthly stipend for living expenses. The program aims to support the education and professional development of African students and encourage them to contribute to the development of their home countries. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.2 and demonstrate leadership potential, community involvement, and academic excellence. Applications open in November and close in January each year.
Candidates having English proficiency courses can apply for the African Graduate Fellowship Program. African graduates who are interested to apply for the African graduate program for the academic year 2023-2024.
Table of Contents
|Program||African Graduate Fellowship Program|
|No of Seats||Multiple|
The African Graduate Fellowship Program offers financial advantages that can help cover the cost of studying in the United States. These financial advantages include:
- Full tuition waiver: Recipients of the fellowship will have their tuition fees fully waived, which can help reduce the overall cost of studying in the US.
- Living expenses stipend: The fellowship program also provides a living expenses stipend, which can be used to cover costs such as housing, food, and transportation.
- Travel allowance: The African Graduate Fellowship Program also offers a travel allowance, which can help cover the cost of airfare to and from the United States.
- Health insurance coverage: Fellowship recipients are also provided with comprehensive health insurance coverage, which can help offset the cost of medical care while in the US.
- Leadership training and professional development: The fellowship program also provides opportunities for leadership training and professional development, which can help recipients build their skills and advance their careers.
Overall, the financial advantages offered by the African Graduate Fellowship Program can help make studying at the American University in Cairo more accessible and affordable for African students.
The eligibility criteria for the African Graduate Fellowship Program at the American University in Cairo are as follows:
- Applicants must be citizens of an African country.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 (on a 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Applicants must have demonstrated academic excellence through their academic achievements and professional experience.
- Applicants must meet the English language proficiency requirements of the university (TOEFL iBT: 76 or IELTS Academic: 6.5).
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; admission to one of the graduate programs in AUC, satisfying AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in a graduate program at the university are not eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
Please note that meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee admission to the program or the fellowship.
You may be interested in: UNICEF Paid Internship Program 2023
The last date to apply for the Graduate Fellowship Program for the Fall Semester is 17 October 2023.
The fellowship is awarded for a maximum duration of five semesters and one intervening summer session, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance. For the Counseling Psychology graduate program, the duration may be extended to a maximum of seven semesters.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the African Graduate Fellowship Program at the American University in Cairo:
- Go to AUC’s website and click on the “Admissions” tab.
- Scroll down to find the “Fellowship” section and click on it.
- Under “Graduate Admissions,” click on “Applying to AUC.”
- On the Applying to AUC page, scroll down until you see “Graduate Online Application.”
- Click on the link to start your application.
- Follow the prompts to create an account and start your application.
- Once you have created your account, you will be directed to the online application portal, where you will select the African Graduate Fellowship Program as the program you are applying for.
- Fill out the application form with all the required information and upload all the required documents (transcripts, letters of recommendation, test scores, etc.)
- Pay the application fee via the online payment system.
- Submit your application!
Note that the African Graduate Fellowship Program has specific eligibility requirements, so make sure you read the program information page carefully before applying.
List of Graduate Programs:
Here is the list of the Graduate or Masters programs that The American University in Cairo is offering:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Global Affairs and Sustainable Development
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of Arts in Anthropology
- Master of Arts in Applied Linguistics
- Master of Arts in Arab and Islamic Civilization
- Master of Arts in Comparative Religion
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Arts in Egyptology
- Master of Arts in Gender and Women’s Studies
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in International and Comparative Education
- Master of Arts in International Human Rights Law
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication
- Master of Arts in Middle East Studies
- Master of Arts in Political Science
- Master of Arts in Sociology
- Master of Arts in Sustainable Development
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- Master of Science in Construction Engineering
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science in Environmental Engineering
- Master of Science in Materials Science and Engineering
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Science in Nanotechnology
- Master of Science in Robotics, Control, and Smart Systems.