One of the great opportunities for undergraduates to apply is the European Nuclear Organization CERN. Applications are invited for the CERN student Programs in different fields. CERN has announced a Student Program for graduates and undergraduate students. Two types of Student Programs has announced in Switzerland by CERN i.e. Technical Programs and Administrative Programs. CERN Technical Program is of 12 months while Administrative Program is 4 to 12 months. Candidates will be able to do work under professionals and mentors. If you have completed your degree of bachelors or you are still enrolling in the graduation Program then this opportunity is for you.
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
CERN, or the European Organization for Nuclear Research, is a scientific research organization based in Geneva, Switzerland. Its main focus is on particle physics, with the goal of understanding the universe through the study of the fundamental particles that make it up. CERN operates the world’s largest particle accelerator, known as the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), which is used to accelerate particles to nearly the speed of light to conduct experiments on how particles interact with each other.
Candidates must read the complete details before applying for the CERN Student Program 2023.
You may check: the Humboldt Research Fellowship Program in Germany 2024
Table of Contents
|Program||CERN Student Program|
|Financial Coverage||Fully funded|
|Eligible Nationalities||Associate countries of CERN|
|Qualifications||16 years qualifications|
|No of Seats||Multiple|
|Application Started||All over the year|
Candidates will get the following benefits after joining CERN:
- Candidates will get a stipend of 3,407 Swiss Franc
- Contract of Job from 4 to 12 months
- Travel Allowance
- Comprehensive Health Inurance
- 2 to 5 days paid leave
- A supplement if you are married
You may also be interested in: a Mitacs internship in Canada
CERN is offering student Programs in:
- Technical Student Program
The following fields are available for the CERN technical students program:
- Material and Surface Science
- IT, Mathematics Robotics
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Applied Physics
- Material and Surface Science
- General Civil Engineering
A panel of CERN experts meets three times a year in February, June, and October, and on each occasion, almost 80 students are selected to join the CERN program.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for CERN:
- Candidates should be members or associate members of the CERN State
- Candidates must have completed 18 years of graduate Programs in relevant fields
- Candidates must be registered as full-time students during the CERN internship.
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of English or French
- If the candidate’s qualifications are STEM ( Science Engineering and Maths) then they are not eligible for the Program.
The CERN Student Program will be closed on November 6th, 2023.
The duration of the CERN Student Program is 4 to 12 months and it is extendable to 14 months.
The following documents are required for the CERN Student Program:
- Academic transcripts
- Reference Letter
- if you have experience be specific about it.
How to Apply:
To apply for the CERN Student Program, follow these steps:
- Go to the CERN Careers official webpage.
- Browse through the available programs to find one that interests you.
- Click on the program and read the details of the program requirements and application process.
- Prepare your application materials such as a CV or resume, cover letter, transcripts, and letters of recommendation.
- Submit your application through the CERN Careers webpage, following the instructions provided.
- Wait for the response from CERN regarding your application status.
It is important to note that the application processes for different programs may vary, so make sure to read the instructions carefully before applying.