Candidates who are in the middle of their research and wanted to do the research in Germany then they are going to have a great opportunity as Humboldt Research Fellowship Program has announced a research Fellowship Program for doctorate candidates. The Humboldt Research Fellowship is a highly prestigious research fellowship program funded by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation in Germany. It offers postdoctoral researchers and experienced scientists from around the world the chance to conduct independent research in any field of their choice at top-ranked universities and research institutions in Germany. The fellowship provides various benefits, including a monthly stipend, research expenses, language courses, and networking opportunities with other researchers. The application process is competitive, and applicants must have an excellent track record of research achievement in their field.
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
Join us Now on our Facebook page
Join us Now on our Facebook group
Link us via LinkedIn
Visit us on Twitter
Pin us on Pinterest
Visit us on our Instagram Page
Candidates who have done or who are doing post-doctorate research can join Humboldt Research Fellowship Program for the academic year 2023 to 2024. The Humboldt Fellowship Program is a fully funded one and the candidates will receive the full package of the benefits. Candidates can conduct research at any part of their career just they need their publications if they had done any work. The best part is that candidates will be able to do research in the institutes of their own choice, for that candidate must have to meet the supervisor/ researcher of their required institution and ask for an approval letter for Humboldt Fellowship Program and then read the complete details here and apply on the official website.
Join us Now on our Whatsapp Group for more updates
For Application, Procedures Join our Youtube Channel
Table of Contents
|Program||Humboldt Fellowship Program|
|Financial Coverage||Fully funded|
|Eligible Nationalities||Multiple countries|
|No of Seats||Multiple|
Candidates who are interested to do Humboldt Research Fellowship Program will receive the following benefits:
- A monthly stipend of 2,670 euros will be provided
- Candidates who are already advanced in their research will get 3,170 euros as a stipend
- Mobility and other expenses will also be covered
- Networking of the candidates will be increased by the regional and annual meetings of the Fellowship Program
- Complete support to the Fellows’
- Study tours will be arranged for fellow and their families for 14 days
- Medical Insurance will be covered
- Accommodation will be covered for international candidates
- Travel costs will be covered partially in case it is not funded by the third party
You may also be interested in: a Mitacs internship in Canada
Candidates must meet the following criteria for the eligibility of Humboldt Fellowship Program 2024:
- Candidates must not be German citizens or German citizens who have lived abroad for more than 5 years are also eligible
- Candidates may not have lived in Germany for longer than a total of six months within the 18-month period prior to submitting their application
- A researcher or executive from an academic institution of the Candidates’ choice in Germany will provide them with a mentoring agreement and written confirmation that research facilities are available then the candidates are eligible for the Humboldt Fellowship program
- Candidates must have done a doctorate degree or equivalent of that one
- Candidates who are in the middle of their doctorate degree are also eligible
- Candidates who have done doctorate degrees and also published intensive work of their research are also eligible
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of English Language or German language
The official deadline is in March, July, and September, selection committee supervises the applications during these months so candidates with all their supporting documents send applications at this time duration.
You may be interested in: MEXT Scholarship Program in Japan
The duration of the Humboldt fellowship program is 6 to 24 months in Germany.
Georgia Institute of Technology free online Courses
How to Apply:
To apply for the Humboldt Fellowship Program, follow these steps:
- Identify the type of fellowship program you are eligible for. There are different categories of fellowships, including postdoctoral, research, and group fellowships.
- Contact a host researcher in Germany who is willing to host you during your fellowship tenure. This can be a university, research institution or other academic institution.
- Prepare your application documents, including a project proposal, curriculum vitae, list of publications, and recommendation letters.
- Submit your application through the online portal on the Humboldt Foundation website. Applications can be submitted throughout the year.
- If you are selected for the program, you will receive a notification from the Humboldt Foundation. You will then need to finalize your arrangements with your host institution in Germany and undergo any necessary visa or travel preparations.
Note that the application process for the Humboldt Fellowship program can be highly competitive. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that your application is thorough, well-prepared and demonstrates your academic excellence and research potential.
- Academics Certificates
- Reference Letter
- Approval Letter from German University
- Language Certificates