A great opportunity for students who want to pursue their master’s program abroad. Commonwealth Scholarship Commission has announced master’s scholarships for talented students. The Common Wealth Commission Council in the UK is providing the opportunity for the development of international society. The UK government is fully supporting the scholarship scheme of the Common Wealth Council. Applications are invited from talented and bright individuals who have leadership potential and innovative ideas and who will become strong assets after returning to their home countries.
Candidates from all backgrounds or nationalities who come under the Commonwealth Circle can apply for the Scholarship Program. Masters scholarships are funded by the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office FCDO and it will enable talented and intelligent individuals to gain the knowledge and skills that are required for sustainable development. Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships are for candidates from eligible low and middle-income Commonwealth countries, to undertake full-time taught Master’s study at a UK university.
Commonwealth Scholarship Council is awarding master’s scholarships based on the six CSC development themes, like science and technology, Strengthening the health system, Promoting Global Peace, and prosperity, Strengthening resilience, and Access to inclusion and property. For better training of the new incoming individuals CSC has made a platform where current and previous alumni get together and share the problems and suggest solutions.
Table of Contents
|Program||Commonwealth Masters Scholarship Program|
|Organization||Foreign commonwealth and Development office FCDO|
Candidates have to meet the following criteria for the CSC Masters scholarship Program:
- Be a citizen and have a refugee status by an eligible commonwealth country or be a british protected person.
- Candidates must be available to start studies in UK in September 2024
- Applicants by September 2024, hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second-class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second Master’s degree. If applying for a second Master’s degree, applicants must provide justification as to why they wish to undertake this study.
- Candidates must be financial dependant only on this scholarship Program
- Potential disabled person are eligible for this scholarship in UK
- There is no age limit for CSC Masters program.
Candidates belonging to following countries are only eligible for the CSC program:
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Helena
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and The Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- The Gambia
The following benefits will be covered for the selected scholars for the Commonwealth Scholarship program:
- Stipend at the rate of £1,347 per month, or £1,652 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area will be awarded to scholars.
- Approved tuition fees: Full fees are covered by the agreement between the CSC and the UK university, and Scholars are not liable to pay for any part of the tuition fee.
- Approved airfare from the Scholar’s home country to the UK and return at the end of the award the Commonwealth Scholarship Council will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before the award is confirmed.
- If a Scholar has children and is widowed, divorced, or a single parent, a child allowance of £576.61 per month for the first child, and £143 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16 if their children are living with them at the same address in the UK.
- Miscellaneous Allowances if required.
- Scholars will get a study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
The last date to apply for the CSC program 2024 is 17th October 2023.
How to Apply:
Application procedure to apply for the Commonwealth Masters scholarship Program is completely online Candidates need to follow the following steps to apply:Study at Oxford University
- Candidates need to apply through the online CSC portal for registration
- When applying for the CSC, candidates also apply for the nominating agency
- CSC does not accept direct applications
- Candidates go through the selection of nominating agency first then CSC program
- The nominating agency will forward the documents of selected candidates by December 2023