A great opportunity for doctorate students to pursue their Ph.D. degree program in the United Kingdom. Applications are invited for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarship Program from commonwealth countries. Highly talented and academically qualified candidates who are enthusiastic about joining PhD programs in one of the leading institutes of the United Kingdom that are directly or indirectly linked with the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides these scholarships jointly with UK universities to support world-class research.
These scholarships are intended to support scholars who could not afford to study in the UK without additional financial support. Applicants from traditionally marginalized or under-represented groups and those who have overcome significant disadvantages or other barriers in their educational journey so far will be given priority when making selections.
The PhD commonwealth scholarship Program is funded by the UK Department for Education (DfE), Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for high-income countries support research that will have an impact in a field relating to sustainable development. Commonwealth PhD scholarships are for high-quality graduates who have the potential to undertake world-class research of a developmental nature and to become influential leaders, teachers, or researchers in their home countries. You may also check: the University of Trento Italy Scholarships
Table of Contents
|Commonwealth Scholarship Council
|Commonwealth PhD Scholarship Program
|All over the world
CSC Development Theme:
Commonwealth Scholarship Program will follow the following development themes :
- Science and Technology for Development
- Strengthening Health System and Capacity
- Promoting Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Strengthening Global Peace and Governance
To be considered for the Commonwealth Scholarship Program candidate must: Study in Australia
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Show evidence that they are currently permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country. Candidates must have been living in an eligible Commonwealth country for two years before the date they submit their application, which must be clear within the application.
- Not be registered for or have started a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D. at a UK university before the start of the Scholarship and be available to start the Scholarship and academic studies in the UK in September/October 2024 (exact date to be agreed by the CSC). The Scholarship will not be offered to anyone who has already started their PhD in the UK before September 2024.
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honors standard, or a lower second-class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree) by the time they apply for the Scholarship, with evidence of the degree to be submitted within the application.
- Not have commenced or be currently registered for a PhD, or an MPhil leading to a PhD, in their home country or elsewhere.
- Hold an unconditional offer or an offer conditional only on finance for the 2024 UK academic year from all of the UK universities listed on their application, to be submitted as part of the application.
- Provide references from at least 2 individuals, in PDF format, signed and on institution letterhead or an email clearly showing the sender’s details.
- Provide a supporting statement from a proposed supervisor from at least one of the UK universities listed in the application, in PDF format, signed and on institution letterhead or an email clearly showing the sender’s details.
The following countries are eligible for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarship Program: Do you want to study in Ireland?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Brunei Darussalam
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
Scholars will get the following awards for the Commonwealth Scholarship Program:
- Approved airfare from the Scholar’s home country to the UK and return at the end of the award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before the award is confirmed).
- Approved tuition fees: full fees are covered by an agreement between the CSC and the UK university, and Scholars are not liable to pay for any part of the tuition fee.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,347 per month, or £1,652 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at current levels).
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas
- Paid mid-term visit (airfare) to the Scholar’s home country, unless they have claimed or intend to claim spouse and/or child allowances during their scholarship
- Family allowances will also be provided
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
The candidates need to apply Online for the Commonwealth PhD scholarship Program 2024
- Applications to the CSC must be made using the CSC’s online application system
- The CSC is unable to accept any applications or documentation not submitted via the online application system.
- Applicants are advised to complete and submit applications as early as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.