The ENS de Lyon and its partners offer scholarships for excellent international students to enroll in its Higher studies programs in Exact Sciences, Arts, Human, and Social Sciences (except FEADép Master’s programs). Candidates from all over the world can apply for the Ampere Excellence Scholarship Program for the academic year 2024 in France. ENS De Lyon offers multiple scholarships to international students to study Master, and PhD programs in France. ENS De Lyon offers multiple kinds of scholarships for master’s and doctorate degrees. These scholarships will be for one to three years depending upon the programs the candidates will choose.
ENS de Lyon will award a specific amount per month during the period of students’ studies. These scholarships will be funded under the French Government SFRI Program. Candidates who are talented and have a good academic background can get this scholarship for the academic year 2024. Candidates need to provide English proficiency or French Proficiency certificates. Candidates need to see complete details and requirements before applying for the ENS de Lyon Scholarship Program.
Table of Contents
|ENS de Lyon
|Masters degree Scholarships
- Masters Degree
- Doctoral Degree
Grants and Scholarships:
There are various grants and scholarships are offered for Masters and PhD degree programs as follows:
Funding of Master’s degree: Scholarships of Excellence:
The ENS de Lyon and its partners offer scholarships for excellent international students to enroll in its master’s programs in Exact Sciences, Arts, Human, and Social Sciences except for FEADép Master’s programs. Candidates can apply for the following scholarships for a Master’s degree.
- Ampère Scholarships of Excellence
- GRADUATE + Scholarship
Ampère Scholarships of Excellence:
- Master’s programs concerned: all Master’s programs (except FEADép Master’s programs)
- Amount: 1,000€ per month for one academic year (renewable under conditions)
- ENS de Lyon offers a scholarship for the best international students selected for a Master’s degree in the Graduate initiatives CORE, DynLifeSys, MathInfi, PACE, and Master’s programs, either in M1 or M2
- Amount: 1,000€ per month for 10 months
- Scholarships are funded within the framework of the French government’s SFRI program.
- Candidates from all over the world can apply
- Candidates must have English or French language proficiency certificates
- If circumstances external to the candidate do not allow him/her to provide an official language-level certification within the required deadline, a letter of explanation from the candidate accompanied by a language-level certificate signed by a pedagogical manager of his/her home university will be able to complete the file.
- To apply for the first year of a Master’s program (M1), applicants should justify holding an L3 degree (Bachelor – 180 ECTS) or, for applicants who have studied abroad, an equivalent level.
- To apply for the second year of a Master’s program (M2), applicants should justify holding an M1 degree (240 ECTS) or, for applicants who have studied abroad, an equivalent level.
PhD Program Scholarships:
Candidates who are going to apply for a doctoral degree will be helped by various grants and funding options.
A doctoral contract is a three-year employment contract under which an institution selects and hires a student to undertake doctoral studies. There are no conditions in terms of age or nationality.
Co-funding for doctoral studies:
International doctoral students wishing to enroll in a doctoral program at the ENS de Lyon can apply for the « doctoral co-funding programs of ENS de Lyon. This program can provide a co-funding of up to 50 percent of the amount required for enrolment. This scholarship is granted by the ENS de Lyon for the duration of the doctoral program (3 years maximum). In the case of internationally co-directed doctoral theses (coquilles internationales), the scholarship will only be paid during the months of presence at the ENS de Lyon.
CIFRE (Industrial Convention for Training through Research):
This convention brings together a company, a student, and a research laboratory. The PhD student is recruited and employed by the company with no conditions regarding nationality or area of research.
Foundation and association grants
These are common in medical research. Candidates must apply for funding themselves. The funding usually requires the signature of an employment contract between the institution (or research institution) and the doctoral student.
This type of funding, awarded to a team to support a research project, involves an employment contract between the institution (or research institute) and the PhD student.
For all students enrolling in a Master’s degree or a PhD
- The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program helps French higher education establishments attract top foreign students into their Master’s and PhD courses. For other grants offered by the Ministry, students should contact the French embassy’s cultural department in their country.
If candidates are recruited through the competitive entrance exam, they will benefit from the specific “Normalien” status:
- For citizens of the European Union or the European Economic Area: 1,500€/month salary for 4 years
- For students from other countries- the best candidate in each “série de concours”: 1,000€/month grant for 3 years
The last date to apply for the ENS de Lyon Masters program is 17 January 2024 and the results for the selected students will be announced at the end of February 2024.
- Candidates need to apply online for the Scholarships at the University of ENS de Lyon
- candidates need to fill out the application form online
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Applications submitted via email will not be considered.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered – it is the responsibility of the student to check that all requested documents have been uploaded.
- The documents requested are indicated below.
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
The following documents are required for the ENS de Lyon Masters scholarships:
- Motivation Letter
- Certificates of diplomas and certificates already received
- Summary of research project
- English/ or French Proficiency Certificates