The University of Alberta offers Multiple opportunities for international students to study Business studies in Canada. Applications are open for the Alberta Business School MBA scholarships for the academic year 2024. Candidates who have excellent academic records and need finances to study at the University of Alberta are encouraged to apply for the Alberta MBA scholarship Program.
Last year over 1 million dollars was allocated for the MBA entrance, Scholarship, and Bursaries programs. Every year, a majority of full-time students admitted to the MBA program receive some form of financial support. All students admitted to the Alberta MBA are automatically considered for the Alberta Entrance Program, while Scholarships will be awarded during the MBA program, and Bursaries are awarded based on residential status and demonstrated financial needs.
Table of Contents
|University of Alberta
|Alberta MBA Program
Types of Scholarship:
- Entrance Award
These awards are based on the MBA admission criteria. We do not require separate applications to consider you for an entrance award. Entrance awards range in value up to $15,000.
The exact criteria for each scholarship are different, but scholarships are typically designed to recognize excellence both academically and outside of the classroom. For any scholarships that require an application, Alberta MBA will solicit applications directly from students.
Bursary funding maximums are evaluated on an individual student basis and based on need associated with an educational program and basic living costs for the current academic school year.
- You must be an international undergraduate or graduate student in your second year or greater and currently attending classes at the University of Alberta at the time of your application.
- You must be in satisfactory academic standing or greater based on your most recent term grades.
- Undergraduate students: Students with either full-time or part-time enrolment in any term within the current academic year are eligible to apply.
- Graduate students: Students with full-time enrolment in either the Fall or Winter term within the current academic year are eligible to apply. If you are not enrolled full-time in either the Fall or Winter term, you are not eligible to apply. NOTE: If you are a part-time graduate student in all terms of study within an academic year, review the GSA Emergency Bursary for eligibility requirements.
- It is expected that all international students have sufficient funding support based on the Government of Canada Study Permit requirements. Documentation of the original financial plan for your entire study period and unexpected changes to that financial plan are to be provided in the application. A financial plan to complete your study program will also be required.
- Your application must demonstrate a financial shortfall for academic and basic living costs for the academic year in which you are currently enrolled to receive bursary funding.
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
The deadlines for the MBA scholarship programs are as follows:
- July 1 for September admission (annual)
- November 1 for January admission(annual)
- March 1 for May admission(annual)
- May 1 for July admission(annual)
How to Apply:
- Candidates need to apply online for the Alberta MBA Program
- Candidates need to choose their graduate program
- Review Graduate Admission requirements
- Prepare the documents and Apply online