Applications are invited for the International Scholars Program at the University of British Columbia in Canada. UBC has announced multiple scholarships for international students who want to pursue their higher education in Canada. The University of British Columbia has offered multiple scholarships like the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award, Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award, International Impact Award, and Vantage One Excellence Award. These scholarships have different criteria candidates if are eligible to get enrolled in UBC then they will be considered for these scholarships. These four categories of prestigious need-and-merit-based awards are available through UBC’s International Scholars Program.
These scholarships will not chosen by the candidates but scholarships will be awarded according to the financial needs of the candidates. Candidates from all over the world can apply for the International Scholar Program in Canada. UBC’s International Scholars have the potential to make a difference in the world. They are high academic achievers who have demonstrated exceptional extracurricular activities, show a desire to create global change, and they are dedicated to giving back to their schools and communities.
Table of Contents
|Host||University of British Columbia|
|Program||International Chancellor Scholar Program|
|Eligible countries||All over the world|
List of Eligible Programs:
The following programs are eligible for the University of British Columbia:
- Business and Economics
- Earth Environment and Sustainability
- Engineering and Technology
- Health and Life Sciences
- History, Law, and Politics
- Language and Linguistics
- Math, Chemistry and Physics
- Media and Fine Arts
- People,Culture, and Society
Kinds of Scholarships:
The University of British Columbia is offering 4 types of scholarships in the International Scholars Program and the candidates will be selected on merit only:
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award
- Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award
- International Impact Award
- Vantage One Excellence Award
Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award will be for undergraduate students who demonstrated high academic achievements.
Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award:
Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award is for students who are from under-developing or war-zoned areas of the world. Students should demonstrate leadership potential and a strong commitment to making a positive impact in their communities.
International Impact Award:
The International Impact Award is for the students who show leadership potential as well as solutions to the different climate change or environmental problems that are happening around the world.
Vantage One Excellence Award:
The Vantage One Excellence Award is offered by the Vintage College of the University of British Columbia. and it is for students who are highly outstanding in their academic careers.
Candidates must meet the following requirements for the eligiblity of scholarships program at the University of British Columbia:
- Candidates must be international students who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Candidates must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, or transferring from their first year at a post-secondary college or other university.
- Applicants must have graduated from high school no earlier than one gap year prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for the 2024 Winter session must have graduated from high school no earlier than November 2022.
- They must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- Candidates must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standards).
- Applicants must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree. (UBC automatically considers all international students for the merit-based International Major Entrance Scholarships and Outstanding International Student Awards scholarships,.
- Scholars will receive a totaling of maximum value of $35,000 per year. If this amount does not cover their needs for tuition and basic living expenses, candidates are eligible to apply for the International Scholars Program.
- Scholarship awards will renew up to three years and in the case of undergraduate, it will be at the end of the degree whichever comes first.
The last date to apply for the international Scholarship program at the University of British Columbia is 15th January 2024.
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
How to Apply:
Candidates are advised to apply online:
- Read carefully application form
- Decide the program to which students are going to apply and in which campus of the University
- select the eligible degrees only
- To apply for the International Scholars Program, you must be nominated by your school or non-profit, and submit a reference from an academic referee.