A great opportunity to study in Switzerland. Applications are invited for the Excellence Scholarship Program by the Swiss Government. These scholarships will be awarded to master’s, Ph.D., and Post-doctorate students who wanted to pursue their education in Switzerland. These scholarships are for foreign students and artistic scholars and they will be awarded by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships are aimed at young researchers from abroad who have completed a master’s degree or Ph.D. and at foreign artists holding a bachelor’s degree. There are two kinds of scholarships awarded by the FCS one is a research scholarship and the other is an Art scholarship. Selected candidates will be able to study at Swiss academic institutions and the candidates will be Selected by the Federal Commission for Scholarships. The research and the art scholarships have different criteria, candidates must search accordingly and apply relevant to their interests. Candidates from all over the world can apply for the Scholarship Program at Swiss institutions and their deadlines vary according to each country.
The duration of the scholarship depends upon the courses that candidates will opt anyhow, it is between 12 to 36 months. Scholarship The result will be announced in May 2024.
Table of Contents
|Program||Swiss Excellence Scholarship Program|
|Scholarship Type||Fully funded|
|Qualifications||Masters/ PhD/ Post doctorate|
Types of Scholarships:
- Research Scholarships
- Art Scholarships
The research scholarship (research fellowship, Ph.D., Postdoc) is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree is the minimum qualification required) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or post-doctoral level.
Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, and the two federal institutes of technology, as well as the four research institutes. Only candidates nominated by an academic supervisor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial arts master’s degree in Switzerland.
Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
There are the following eligibility criteria for the Swiss Government Scholarship Program:
- Candidates from all over the world can apply
- Candidates first get an approval letter from the supervisor of the Swiss University
- For Ph.D. or postdoc degree, candidates must have a master’s degree or equivalent degree
- for Masters’s degree, Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree
- Applicants must move to Switzerland for studies
- Candidates who are residing in Switzerland for more than one year are no eligible
The duration varies from master to Ph.D. programs:
- 12 Months for Masters Program
- 36 Moths for Ph.D. Program
- Post Doc Scholarships: 12 Months
- There is no application fee for the Swiss Excellence award
- The stipend will be provided to the selected scholars
- For further financial advantages, the Swiss government will announce at the time of the result.
The last dates for the Swiss Excellence Scholarship Program varies from country to country candidates must check according to their own country
Candidates must have the following documents for the Swiss Government Scholarship Program:
- Acceptance Letter from the relevant Supervisor of the University
- A Cv
- Recommendation Letter
- Motivation Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Typed and printed the FCS document with a Photo
- Signed Application Form
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply in the following ways for the Swiss Excellence Scholarship Program:
- Select your Region
- Search the scholarship Program availability in your region
- Download Application Form
- Fill out and Print the application form
- Submit the application form online
- Prepare two sets of documents
- The application should be properly signed, the unsigned application will not be entertained
- A complete set of documents will be sent to the Switzerland Embassy of your relevant country