An amazing and very generous opportunity for women to get a chance to study or to do research in the United States of America free of cost. Yes, you heard right a scholarship or Fellowship Opportunity for women from all around developing countries. These scholarships are up to 50,000$. Female candidates who wanted to be independent or who are single and are some responsibilities can avail these chances to pursue their educational career. American Association of University Women scholarships and international fellowships for the class of 2024-2025.
Not only this AAUW scholarship will also provide child care along with education. These scholarships are for Graduation, Masters and Ph.D. programs. Female Candidates who are passionate and wanted to do something extra in their lives can apply for the AAUW scholarship Program for the academic year 2024-2025. These scholarships are open 1st of August each year and the female candidates can pursue full-time graduate, master’s, and PhD programs.
Applicants must have earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by the application deadline and must have applied to their proposed institutions of study by the time of the application. Candidates who are non-US residents and belong to the eligible countries according to the National Federation and Association can apply for the AAUW scholarships
Recipients are selected for academic achievement and demonstrated commitment to women and girls. Candidates aim to return to their home countries to become leaders in business, government, academia, community activism, and the arts or scientific fields.
Table of Contents
|American Association of University Women’s scholarships
|Masters/Ph.D./ Post doctorate
|Masters/ PhD/ Post doctorate
List of Eligible Countries:
Following countries are eligible for AAUW scholarships, these lists are issued by the National Federation and Association:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- El Salvador
- Great Britain
- Hong Kong
- Ireland & Northern Ireland
- New Zealand
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
AAUW will award up to 50,000$ in scholarships to deserving females from the eligible countries:
- 20,000$ to master students
- 25,000$ to Ph.D. Students
- Upto 50,000$ to post-doctorate students
August 1, 2023
November 15, 2023
Deadline for online submission of application, recommendations, and supporting documents.
April 15, 2024
Notification of decisions emailed to all applicants. AAUW is not able to honor requests for earlier notification.
July 1, 2024–June 30, 2025
For the eligibility of AAUW scholarship candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have citizenship other than in U.S Countries
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by the application deadline.
- Candidates who already received AAUW grants or awards are not eligible:
- Members of the AAUW board of directors, committees, panels, task forces, and staff, including current interns, are not eligible to apply for AAUW’s fellowships and grants
- International Fellowships are open to women, including people who identify as women, in all fields of study at an accredited institution of higher education or, for postdoctoral fellows,
- Candidates Intend to devote themselves full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Candidates intend to return to their home countries after their studies
- Candidates must have done IELTS/ GRE and other English Proficiency exams
- A limited number of awards are available to Graduate Women International members for study or research in any country other than their own.
- Candidates must demonstrate commitment to the advancement of women and girls in their home country
How to Apply:
- Candidates need to apply online through the official portal
- Create an account through the vendor site
- Complete all the following components
- Submit online the complete application
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
The following documents are required for the AAUW scholarship Program for the academic year 2023-2024.
- Transcripts showing degree and date received
- Official Letter from the institution
- Statement of Purpose
- Copy of Diploma
- English Proficiency Proof
- 2 recommendation Letter