This an amazing opportunity for graduates from all around the world to unlock their abilities and grab the international chance. International Monetary Fund has announced Fellowship Program for youngsters from all over the world in Morrocco. International candidates who wanted to join International Monetary Fund must grab this opportunity as IMF has the motive to take youngsters along with them for the betterment of the global economic challenges. In the academic year 2023, IMF YFP is going to be held in Marrakech Morroco and only those international candidates are eligible who belongs to those countries that are member of the IMF.
The IMF Youth Fellowship Program provides an opportunity for young people from around the world with a passion for international development to gain hands-on experience and skills in various areas of the IMF’s work. This program is open to individuals between the ages of 20 and 35 years who are currently enrolled in a graduate program or hold a graduate degree.
The fellowship lasts for approximately 4 to 6 months and is based in the selected country. Fellows receive a stipend to cover living expenses during the program and have access to various professional development opportunities, including mentoring from experienced IMF staff members, skill-building workshops, and networking events.
The application process usually opens in May of each year and involves submitting a resume, cover letter, and academic transcripts. Selected candidates are then invited to participate in a series of interviews before the final cohort is chosen. the IMF Youth Fellowship Program offers a unique opportunity for young people to gain valuable skills and experience in the field of international development while contributing to the important work of the IMF.
If we talk about International Monetary Fund (IMF) is an international organization that aims to promote international monetary cooperation, facilitate international trade, foster economic growth, and reduce poverty around the world. The IMF provides financial assistance, policy advice, and technical assistance to its 190 member countries, particularly those experiencing financial difficulties.
The IMF was created in 1944 as part of the Bretton Woods system of international monetary management and has evolved over the years to adapt to changing economic conditions. Its headquarters is located in Washington, D.C., Marrakech, and multiple other countries and its staff includes economists, financial analysts, and policy experts from around the world. The IMF is funded by member countries, which contribute financial resources to support the organization’s operations and lending activities.
Table of Contents
|Organization||International Monetary Fund|
|Program||Youth Fellowship Program|
|Age||20 to 35 years|
The IMF Youth Fellowship Program provides several benefits and coverage to selected fellows, including:
- Stipend: Fellows receive a stipend to cover living expenses during the program. The amount of the stipend is determined based on the cost of living in Washington, D.C., where the program is based.
- Travel Expenses: The fellowship covers travel expenses for fellows to travel to and from Marrakech. at the start and end of the program.
- Health Insurance: Fellows receive comprehensive health insurance coverage during the program. The coverage includes medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Career Development: Fellows have access to various professional development opportunities, including mentoring from experienced IMF staff members, skill-building workshops, and networking events.
- Annual Meetings: Fellows will have access to annual meetings that will be held in Marrakech
- Accommodation: The IMF assists in finding suitable accommodation during their time in Marrakech
- Cultural Activities: Fellows participate in various cultural activities during the program. These activities include tours of Marrakech, visits to museums, and cultural events.
Overall, the IMF Youth Fellowship Program provides a comprehensive package of benefits and coverage to ensure that fellows are well-supported during their time in the program and can focus on gaining valuable skills and experience in the field of international development.
the following are some general eligibility requirements for IMF Youth Fellowship Program:
- Age: Applicants must be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of the application deadline.
- Education: Applicants must be currently enrolled in a graduate program or hold a graduate degree in economics, finance, political science, law, engineering, or related fields.
- Experience: Applicants should have some relevant work experience, such as internships or jobs in the field of international development, finance, or economics.
- Language proficiency: Applicants must be proficient in English, which is the working language of the IMF.
- Citizenship: Applicants must be nationals of IMF member countries.
- Interest in international development: Applicants should have a strong interest in international development issues and a passion for contributing to the world’s economic growth and stability.
- Candidates have not attended Previously the Fellowship Program
- Have no current affiliation with government institutions
Following is the timeline from the commencement of the application procedure to the end of the Program:
- Application Process Start: MAY 2023
- Last date to submit the application: 30th June 2023
- Selected candidates informed: July 2023
- Attemdong of meetings and YFP: week of Octover 9th
How to Apply:
Here are the key points to keep in mind before applying for an IMF Youth Fellowship Program:
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
Visit the official website of the IMF and then fill out the application form.
Statement of Purpose:
Write the statement of purpose for why students need to join the IMF, introduce yourself, and your motivation, and explain briefly the relevance of studies with IMF and its objectives.
Candidates must keep in mind SOPs.
Submission of Video:
One of the most important and necessary step to follow while applying for the IMF Youth Fellowship Program. Candidates need to submit a 30 to 60-second video on the topic of what steps should be taken to improve economic policy, for growth in their country in the following fields, promoting/advancing digitalization, addressing climate change, or reducing inequality to create more jobs and opportunities, especially for young people, including girls.
Submission of Application form:
After filling out your basic information also add a detailed CV in the application form. Keep in mind that video submission is a must along with the application otherwise your application will automatically be rejected.