Candidates who are interested to study in Japan take pen and paper to put down the notes. Applications are invited for the International Graduate Scholarship Program for the academic years 2023 and 2024. Candidates who are interested to take admissions in the Tokyo Institute of Technology Japan master’s and Ph.D. programs are most encouraged to apply. Tokyo Institute of Technology is offering these fully funded scholarships to international students having any nationality. These scholarships are fully funded and the tuition fee waiver will be provided to the candidates along with other benefits.
Tokyo Institute of Technology is offering fully funded scholarships in almost all fields of Postgraduate programs like master’s and Ph.D. programs. The best part of the Tokyo Institute of Technology scholarship program is that students can apply with only English proficiency certificates, and they don’t need to do IELTS, TOEFL, or any other exams. If candidates have knowledge of the Japanese language it will be the cherry on top and they can be preferred for International Graduate Scholarship Program.
If we talk about the duration or timeline for International Graduate Scholarship Program it will be of 2 years while for students who are applying for the combined Ph.D. and Masters scholarship program, it will be of 3 years. Candidates must read the instructions and eligibility criteria then apply for the International Graduate fully funded scholarship. Tokyo Institute will accept several students in each department it means that multiple students will be accepted as there are multiple fields in Tokyo Institute of Technology.
Table of Contents
About Tokyo Institute of Technology:
Tokyo Institute of Technology was established in the late 80s and it is one of the leading public research institutes located in Tokyo Japan. It was ranked among the top 3 institutes in Japan and the top 20 in the Global QS ranking. More than 30,000 national and international students are already studying at the Tokyo Institute of Technology. Institute of Technology is always promising in its research and learning process and expects the coming students to be part of it. Tokyo Institute of Technology offered scholarships to international students each year for the Spring and fall enrollment.
|Institute||Tokyo Institute of Technology|
|Program||International Graduate Scholarship Program|
|Scholarship Type||Fully funded|
|Qualifications||Masters/ PhD/ Post doctorate|
|Scholarship opens||1st August|
List of Available Fields:
The following fields and Majors are offered by the Tokyo Institute of Technology for the International Graduate Scholarship Program:
School of Science:
- Earth and Planetary Sciences
School of Engineering:
- Information and Communications Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Systems and Control Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Economics
School of Computing:
- Mathematical Computer Science
- Computer Sciences
School of Material and Chemical Technology:
- Material Science and Engineering
- Chemical Science and Engineering
School of Life Sciences:
- Life Sciences and Technology
School of Environment and Society:
- Architecture and Building
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Transdisciplinary Science and Engineering
- Social and Human Sciences
Types of Scholarships:
Tokyo Institute of Technology offers the following kinds of scholarships:
- Jasso Scholarships
- ADB: JSP (For Fall Intake only)
International Graduate Scholarship Program is a fully funded program at the Tokyo Institute of Technology and it will cover the following benefits:
- Tuition Fee: Full tuition fee will be exempted and MEXT candidates do not require to apply separately
- Round Air Fare: Round Airfare tickets will be provided from the home country to Japan, and from Japan to the home country.
- Stipend: Monthly Stipend will be provided
- For Masters: 147,000 Yen per month
- For Ph.D.: 148,000 Yen Per month
Candidates need to meet the following criteria for eligibility:
- International candidates belonging to any Nationality can apply for it
- Candidates must have done 16 years of graduation for Matsers degree
- Candidates must have done Masters’s degree for Ph.D. Programs
- Candidates born on or after April 1987
- Relevancy of fields is mandatory for the candidates
- English Proficiency certificates are required
- Candidates having Japanese language Proficiency will be preferred
The last date to apply for the Fall intake at the Tokyo Institute of Technology is 15th October 2023.
- ID Photo
- English Proficiency Score Report
- Consent email/letter from Tokyo Tech Faculty Member
- Field of Study and Study Program (in designated format)
- Summary of thesis
- Recommendation letter
- Supporting doc;
- documentation from the referee
- A copy of your passport or residence card
- Verification of application fee payment
- Academic transcripts
- Certificate of graduation and degree
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
The duration for a Masters’s degree program at the Tokyo Institute of Technology is 2 years while for a combined degree it is of 3 years.
How To Apply:
To apply for the International Graduate Scholarship Program candidates need to follow the following steps:
- Contact any intended Supervisor by Sending your CV and other documents if required and get an Acceptance letter for their lab.
- After that send Acceptance Letter to the Admission Office. They will provide you with a Link to the Online Application.
- Prepare all the listed above documents for submission.
- Access the Online Application Form and fill it completely and submit the required documents.