The University of Punjab has announced in its latest advertisement in the daily newspaper that admissions are open for the Spring session. In the advertisement, the University of Punjab has announced that admissions to various programs like MS/ M.phill/ M.Sc Engg/Hons and Ph.D. have been opened.
Candidates can take admitted to MS/Mphil /Msx/Ph.D. programs in regular or self-supporting programs. PU has arranged all the programs that the faculty of Pu will be taught in the upcoming spring Semester.
Table of Contents
|Organization||University of the Punjab|
|Gender||Males, females, transgender|
|Admission started||4 September|
|Intake of Semester||Spring semester|
|Pre-admission criteria||Test and Interviews|
List of Faculty:
Following is the list of faculty in which Pu has announced admissions in different programs of Ms/ Mphill/ M.sc/ and Ph.D.
- Agricultural Science
- Art and Humanities
- Behavioral and Social sciences
- Business, Economics, and Administrative Science
- Computing Information Technology
- Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Quality and industrial system engineering
- Electrical, energy, and Environmental Engineering
- Information and media industry
- Islamic studies
- Geo science
- Life Sciences
- Oriental Learning
The last date to apply for taking admission in Punjab University is 19th September 2022.
Eligibility Criteria for MS:
- Candidates must have a degree of BS Hons or equivalency degree from HEC recognize institute
- Candidates must have 16 years of education degree with 130 credit hours
- Candidates have enough CGPA in the last examinations.
- Candidates don’t have any 3rd division in any academic career.
- Candidates have to get 50% marks in the written test.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D.:
- Candidates having a BS Hons or MS degree from Hec recognized institute are eligible for taking admission to PU.
- Candidates must have a 3.00 CGPA out of a 4.00 CGPA in the last degree program.
- Candidates Don’t have 3rd division in their academic career
- Candidates who have their MS degree are eligible anyhow they how to complete their 6 credit hours insufficiency according to the rules and regulations of the University of Punjab
- Marks other than the CGPA scale will be converted into a 4:00 CGPA scale for eligibility
- Result awaiting candidates are eligible for the admissions anyhow they have to select the option ‘awaiting result’ while filling an application form.
- Candidates have to get 70% marks on the writing test for the program
General criteria for eligibility:
- Candidates who get 50% marks in the interview will be eligible for the selection.
- 40 marks are specific for the qualifications and these marks will be adjusted while making a merit of the candidates.
- Foreign candidates have to get equivalency certificates from HEC as well as from Punjab University
- Foreign candidates can give applications from their country’s embassy, Consulate, or Pakistan’s missions in their home country.
How to Apply:
Following is the method for applying to PU admissions for MS/ MPhil and Ph.D.
- Candidates have to submit an online application on the official portal
- First, get challan form from the portal
- A deposit fee of 1000/- in the bank branch
- Scan challan form copy after submitting fee
- Fill out the application form properly
- Submit the application along with the challan form on the official portal.
Candidates can get other related information. from the following address: