Candidates who want to study in the United Kingdom are going to have a great opportunity. Applications are invited for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Program offered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission CSC. Candidates who want to study in the UK under the Commonwealth Scholarship Council must grab this opportunity. The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Program is one of the three master scholarships offered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Council. The Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Program is for candidates who want to pursue their high degree program in the UK and contribute to the development needs of commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified Professionals.
Commonwealth shared scholarships are available in almost all major fields of studies and candidates can apply in their relevant field to pursue master’s degrees in the UK. Candidates can study master’s scholarships for one year under the Commonwealth shared scholarship and Fellowship Plan for the academic year 2025.
Table of Contents
|Commonwealth Scholarship Council
|Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Program
|Minimum 18 years
Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Program will award the following benefits to the candidates:
- The full tuition fee will be waived
- Round airfare tickets from your country to the UK and return to your home country at the end of the award
- A monthly stipend of £1,347 and £1,652 for those universities which are located at Metropolitan areas
- Warm clothing allowance where applicable, awarded by the university
- Thesis grants for the cost of preparing the thesis
- Study travel grant for study-related tours
- If a candidate has a child and is widowed or divorced allowance of £576.61 will be provided for the first child while a £143 per month allowance will be provided for the 2nd and 3rd child under 16 years
- Disabled candidates will be assisted by the CSC fully
- The CSC’s family allowances are intended to be only a contribution towards the cost of maintaining a Scholar’s family in the UK
the following fields are available for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships:
- Strengthening Health Systems and Capacity
- Strengthening Resilience and Response to Crises
- Access, Inclusion, and Opportunity
- Strengthening Global Peace, Security, and Governance
- Science & Technology for Development
- Promoting Global Prosperity
List of Eligible Countries:
The following countries are eligible for the CSC shared scholarship program:
- Papua New Guinea
- Saint Helena
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and The Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- The Gambia
Candidates belonging to these countries can apply for the CSC program.
Candidates must meet the following criteria for the Commonwealth shared scholarship Program:
- Candidates must belong to the eligible countries
- Candidates must be permanent residents of the above-mentioned country
- Candidates must be available to start their academic career in UK in September 2024
- Candidates must hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second-class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree) by September 2024.
- Candidates must have not studied or worked in highly-income countries for more than one year
- Candidates must be in financial assistance to study in the UK
The last date to apply for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Program is 14th December 2023.
Duration of CSC Program:
Scholarships are eligible for any approved course offered by a participating UK university. These Scholarships are to obtain one degree; funding will not be extended to enable candidates to complete a qualification in addition to or higher than that for which the selection was made.
You can also contact us via our social Handles:
How to Apply:
Candidates need to apply online for the Commonwealth shared scholarship:
- Applications must be uploaded on the official login website of the CSC
- Applicants are advised to complete and submit applications as early as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
- Applications must be applied in approved Masters Program